Saturday, March 30, 2013
Let the Journey begin!
3.30.13
Sorry this is so late. I actually been really lazy to begin one and feel it was rude during the day to be on the computer when I was staying with my aunt in Munich. I have some great pictures ..only a few of Germany because the weather was just so ugly but it was a beautiful town. It snowed so much and felt like it was never going to stop while I was in Munich. Well let me start from the beginning.
Sunday March 24th,
After my Nanny dropped me off at JFK I began getting really nervous because of my previous student teaching placement which made me feel anxiety and really down. And I hope that this wouldn't happen in Cordoba. My nanny dropped me off and I felt so sad but couldn't cry now, I really had to be strong but I felt sad. Every since my friends and family know that I am leaving they have been so excited for me but I wasn't yet. I thought it was because it didn't hit me yet. It still hasn't hit me yet, much. Anyway, I was so nervous getting to JFK that I even got in the wrong check in line. I got in the Polish line. I knew they sounded different from Russians. The guy behind me smelled like straight up alcohol. And I know this because my stepdad is an alcoholic. I hate that smell so much. Any ways, I got to the front and they told me I was in the wrong line. I went over to the Russian line which was called AEROFLOT. Checked in and my luggage was fine too. It didn't go over the weight but in Germany it did. Then to go through security at JFK was awful. Long line and some lady had a dog with her. I felt so bad because she didn't speak English and the security guard was yelling at her to grab her dog and make him stand up in order to take his metal collar off. Another man next to me now in the security line had a pizza box with him with pizza in it and eating it while waiting. I was so nervous I didn't even eat anything after that until I arrived in Russia. I made it to my gate without a problem except my nervousness and anxiousness to get this over with. (I really don't know why i've been feeling like that lately but that was the case there at JFK. I just really hate busy airports, they make me really anxious). Anyhow, I got on the plane after another 20 minute wait in line and luckily I was sitting in the middle isle but on the outside part which meant just a tad more leg room. I hated the thought of being in that airplane for 10 hours! I get bored after the first 2 hours. They fed us twice. Once at 10pm and one at 3:30am eastern time (because I still had my watch set eastern time). I watched 2.5 movies on their nice pads attached to the back of the seat that was in front of me. Getting on that flight made me feel really like a foreigner. I didn't understand anyone. I looked for an american or english speaking person but saw very few. I could tell who they were because well they looked american or looked lost.
One American girl got yelled at through the microphone because she was up while the seatbelt sign was on. THe people next to me were russian and knew no English. They were confused when they seen that the flight attendant spoke to me in English and even looked at me funny. The flight attendants continued to speak to me in Russian even though I didn't know it until they finally realized I didn't speak it. When they found out was when I had to choose what type of dinner I wanted, chicken or fish. I then needed to say fish. I learned what cafe and tea were in russian and a few other small words. In Germany I learned more since I was there for a week and not just 10 hours. When we finally arrived everyone started clapping. Which I thought was nice, or maybe they thought they weren't going to make it that far? Who knows. I clapped too. I then also learned that when I landed in Germany, they clapped again. It was so funny. My third flight, to Spain, no one clapped but they played spanish instrumental music in the beginning and in the end. It was like the music they use during bull fighting tournaments.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment