Saturday, March 30, 2013

Life in Munich

When we finally got to my aunts house I was ready for bed. She had a babysitter because her husband was also away. He was in Switzerland at a training and staying late and over his family members house. My aunt said if I wanted to call me Mom so I did. She was so happy to hear from me. She even called Sanel and too him I got picked up. How sweet. I then got into bed and had a hard time getting to sleep, weird but probably because I slept on the 2 hour flight to Germany from Moscow. I finally fell asleep and woke up the next day which was Tuesday at 1230 pm. Embarrassing but true. Wen I woke up my aunt gave me a hug and she said I was going to go wake you up in 15 minutes max. Lol the funny thing is that I kept waking up, we'll my mind did, not really my eyes but I knew I was tired and all I wanted to do was sleep. She also left a whole bottle of water out for me next to my bed. The first thing I noticed that was different from the USA are the doorknobs, light switches and toilet flushers or toilet handles. The switches are the same in Germany and in Spain. They are nicer but its just different nice. Her apartment was really nice, small but nice.

Her son who I didn't meet until Tuesday at 1pm because he was in half day kindergarten which they have a single building for just kindergarten was a public school, the parking lot was small and tight but I learned it was also runner by an evangelical church. I met him and his name is Fabian. He speaks German, Spanish, and some english. He understood me when I spoke to him in English. So talented and gifted. He is only 3 years old and so well behaved. Monday after we picked him up we went to a Russian grocery store and then back home where I helped my aunt make carrot soup, salad and we also had melon for fruit. Her husband had arrived and helped carry the rest of my luggage up. I don't quite remember what we did afterwards but I know it was a down day because we stayed home majority of the day and at night watched the movie dance with me with chayanne. It was a nice movie loved it, 

No comments:

Post a Comment