When I finally arrived at the airport in Munich after thinking it was going to cancel or delay because it was snowing a lot and it had accumulated like 3 inches of snow. I waited 8 hours in the airport in Moscow and every second was very aware of all my belongings. I was self conscious that I was going to get mugged or something of that sort but thanks be to God nothing bad occurred. I kept dozing off and falling asleep and I knew that was not good. I walked around and found a little Russian cafe and I walked around knot really knowing how it worked, self served or order at the counter. Asked an employee and she kind of yelled at me but I knew it was how Russians spoke as if they were mad. Then I sat down and she gave me a menu. Well, she never came back and like 25 minutes passed. It wasn't busy at all either. I walked away. I wasn't that hungry anyway and I didn't want to spend any money so soon either.
Every two hours I checked the chart to see what gate my flight was leaving from. They didn't post it until two hours before. The best part of that airport was that it had free wifi. I had no idea that this was rare. JFK, and Madrid's airport and Germany's airport, you had to pay to use it.
It was time to fly to Germany from Moscow and again everyone who looked at me or sat around me spoke Russian to me.....I started to think I looked Russian. It was okay though I felt welcomed that way.
It took the pilot like 30 minutes to get the plane going. The engine kept turning off and he kept turning it on. Of course at this point I was really falling asleep. I made sure I had no valuable s on me and my backpack was away with my passport. Who knew such a small piece of book meant my life for the next several months.
We finally got going and I thought that we weren't going to make it because we'll the snow, engine and so on. But I was okay with that because I didn't feel anything since I kept falling sleep every two seconds. I thought the German next to me thought I was crazy. I spoke to him later after we ate dinner. I was always doubtful about speaking to people who sat next to me especially if they are males because well I was going to a different country now and had to be careful. He w traveling with his father and they had just visited Moscow and didn't really like it. They said everyone was rude and weather was bad.
When I got off I was so glad but we arrived like 30 minutes later since our technical issues. No one was at the airport. It was already 1030pm in Germany and after passing immigration without a problem I picked my luggage and went to find my aunt. She was no where to be found. And I remembered I didn't ask for her phone number or address. Ah. I walked the whole way down where I seen a few people but she wasn't there either. It had been 10 years since the last time I saw her, hopefully she looked the same. She only put a farce picture on Facebook and not a whole picture so that was all I knew. I didn't have a phone, or the guts to ask for help since I didn't even have an address to take a taxi to her house. Of course I began praying in order to not freak out. She found me and I was so happy. She drove us home and we talked the whole way there about the last several years. I was so honest about my home life at home, my family situation, my alcoholic stepdad, my worries, my boyfriend, and my first and hopefully last depression that occurred during my first student teaching. It felt so good to tell her that because she told me that about herself first and right away trust was built. You see, I haven't spoken to her more than a hello, how are you, and that's about it for the past 10 years. I miss her so much now. And last night wished I was still with her. She really acted like a second mother with me by sort of dressing me with her clothes because I didn't pack winter clothing and it was freezing there. She fed me, prayed before meals with me, and took care of me when I got sick on Thursday that I even puked at the mall twice. How crazy and scary to reflect on that again. She evengaveme money to make sure I had enough to get to Madrid. She even bought my ticket
Every two hours I checked the chart to see what gate my flight was leaving from. They didn't post it until two hours before. The best part of that airport was that it had free wifi. I had no idea that this was rare. JFK, and Madrid's airport and Germany's airport, you had to pay to use it.
It was time to fly to Germany from Moscow and again everyone who looked at me or sat around me spoke Russian to me.....I started to think I looked Russian. It was okay though I felt welcomed that way.
It took the pilot like 30 minutes to get the plane going. The engine kept turning off and he kept turning it on. Of course at this point I was really falling asleep. I made sure I had no valuable s on me and my backpack was away with my passport. Who knew such a small piece of book meant my life for the next several months.
We finally got going and I thought that we weren't going to make it because we'll the snow, engine and so on. But I was okay with that because I didn't feel anything since I kept falling sleep every two seconds. I thought the German next to me thought I was crazy. I spoke to him later after we ate dinner. I was always doubtful about speaking to people who sat next to me especially if they are males because well I was going to a different country now and had to be careful. He w traveling with his father and they had just visited Moscow and didn't really like it. They said everyone was rude and weather was bad.
When I got off I was so glad but we arrived like 30 minutes later since our technical issues. No one was at the airport. It was already 1030pm in Germany and after passing immigration without a problem I picked my luggage and went to find my aunt. She was no where to be found. And I remembered I didn't ask for her phone number or address. Ah. I walked the whole way down where I seen a few people but she wasn't there either. It had been 10 years since the last time I saw her, hopefully she looked the same. She only put a farce picture on Facebook and not a whole picture so that was all I knew. I didn't have a phone, or the guts to ask for help since I didn't even have an address to take a taxi to her house. Of course I began praying in order to not freak out. She found me and I was so happy. She drove us home and we talked the whole way there about the last several years. I was so honest about my home life at home, my family situation, my alcoholic stepdad, my worries, my boyfriend, and my first and hopefully last depression that occurred during my first student teaching. It felt so good to tell her that because she told me that about herself first and right away trust was built. You see, I haven't spoken to her more than a hello, how are you, and that's about it for the past 10 years. I miss her so much now. And last night wished I was still with her. She really acted like a second mother with me by sort of dressing me with her clothes because I didn't pack winter clothing and it was freezing there. She fed me, prayed before meals with me, and took care of me when I got sick on Thursday that I even puked at the mall twice. How crazy and scary to reflect on that again. She evengaveme money to make sure I had enough to get to Madrid. She even bought my ticket
No comments:
Post a Comment