Sunday, April 7, 2013

Sunday 4.7.13

Riding my bike back towards "Brillante street" which is the street I take to go home. I am getting better at remembering street by landmarks. 
I love the look of these streets but they are so thin. I have to stop and walk with my bike, especially when a bus comes around. 


I think this graffiti image tells a good point and some truth in our society. This picture makes me want to ask my students to tell a story. 


Nearly everyone I see from Cordoba walks in pairs, mostly with the opposite sex. Couples are everywhere and play and state an important cultural custom. Many couples in my host mothers family don't wear rings but live together. Its a cultural thing to move in and its considered okay. 


I was riding my bike on the second bridge with the castle on it and looking down I was expecting blue water but its been raining everyday since I got here, so the water now looks like this. 


Side view of the castle

Castle

The bridge leading to the castle. Its so beautiful and full of tourist. 


The castle entrance.

I think this is flooded. The area with the gate like things is not supposed to be flooded but is. 


I seen like three people on the floor selling and making bracelets for 5 dollars and up. 

I love hearing music playing and sang from people on the street. 

You don't just seen these statues in NYC but in Cordoba too. 


I walked in to the Mosque to the side where the Mass was going to be held at 1pm and a baptismal was finishing up. As I walked in my eyes got so watery. I felt an abundance of joy that filled my spirit. The homily was amazing and that priest had me hanging on to every word of faith he spoke. I NEVER teared up as much as I did in a church before. I wanted to cry but my tears were kept in. It was so beautiful to be in the presence of God but also in the famous Mosque in Cordoba. 

A huge parade (I think) was going to start as I walked out of Mass. It was so crowded with tourist. I had a hard time getting out. 

More images of the church. 



No comments:

Post a Comment