Today I stayed later than usual at school. I stayed until 5:40pm and thats like really late for me. Classes end at 4:30pm and begin at 9am. I arrive at school everyday at 8:30pm because all teachers need to be in by 8:45am and I cycle to school so I need extra time to put the bike away and such. Well today was an absolutely boring day at school. I basically sat for the whole day in the staff room which is disappointing. In the states I would have loved to do nothing, (not really, because its not who I am) but because of the stress I guess back then I would have liked it a bit. Here its the last thing I imagine doing and its in my co-ops schedule. He has about 3-4 hours of break every day!!!!! AHHH! And I am not connected to the internet. There are only 3 pc's in the staff work room and they are always occupied by other teachers and I hate being a bother so I don't use them until after school like today for instance. I stayed and printed all I needed for next week. My co-op also only reaches 3 classes today, and one was on a trip to Valencia, but will arrive tomorrow. I teach them tomorrow. I hope I do well. I actually want to do so great that I imagine being asked by the principle for a job. Thats how well I want to do. Thats my goal. I want to teach these kids well and I want to make my co-op proud. He is such an amazing teacher, that I look at him and I just don't know how I got so blessed to be his student teacher. The last thing I would ever want to do is fail him and the students.
Anyways, I got home and the twins were home. Im starting to think they just like me for my IPAD> lol Really. Thats the first thing they ask for EVERYTIME they see me. And its only been like 4 times so far. Kids don't forget. After like 20 minutes of watching them play a car game on my IPAD, we went outside to play soccer. Those boys can talk forever. They asked if I knew how to play, then immediately began explaining the game to me. I said, "of course I know how to play, I'm Mexican." THey said, ah, okay. Like they knew what I meant. lol
Then at about 8:15pm the french girls arrived from Granada. I was so happy. I had such a boring day at school, and since I'm still friendless besides the my co-op and Hannah whose my co-ops best friend at work and my host family, I really don't have any friends here yet. How do I make friends is the question? I keep running into guys (okay like 2 so far) but I am nervous to even introduce myself because I'm conscious they might attempt to steal something or fool me. Thats the only bad thing here. How do you know who to trust? Anyways, dinner was excellent like always. Loli is a good cook and even if I know I don't like it, (veggies) I still eat it. I've been eating much healthier since I arrived overseas. Weird huh? The french girls had a good conversations with me. We were teaching each other french and spanish words like knife, spoon, food types. It was great and funny. We took these few pictures and exchanged information. I will miss having friends.





All Mexicans know how to play soccer! :)
ReplyDelete