Sunday, April 21, 2013

Week of April 15-20, 2013


My first "official" lesson was to year 7. In America they would be like 6th graders. I started Animal poetry with them but before that my co-op said it should be fun, which I also believe. We took them outside to be "ants" and by hearing sounds of their classmates clapping, they were to use their senses and follow the sound. Each clasp meant a different step. It was fun, funny and got them involved. 


One day I came out of school and seen a "fulbol" game going on. Its a huge sport in Spain. One of the soccer players I've learned about is Messi. He is considered one of the best soccer players in Spain.

This is also the playground. Students get half an hour break everyday, all grades. 

There are two sides of the playground. Like my elementary school "Carter n McCrae, its divided by ages. My school has primary students and secondary students. THis is usually where the elementary students take their break and play. They line up around the circles when the bell rings. 


This sign is outside the school, right in front of the door. 


This is where I bought my bike, and also where I got my bike seat stolen the second week I had it. I got a new seat but now I'm so conscious of my bike when I go there to shop. This place is a mall but also has a huge grocery store like Walmart inside. 

This is what I see before arriving at Carre Four- the shopping center. 

I spend so much time with Candy. She is Loli's mom. She is so sweet, and quiet. She spends most of her day outside sitting. I join her when I get home from school.


My first teacher invite! Saturday April 20th I got invited for a drink at the plaza Corredera. Its a nice place..it really is a place for socializing while you have a drink=alcoholic and non alcoholic. 
From left to right: Blonde: I just met her, I don't see her much so I don't know what she teaches but her name is Lisa, next is our part time french teacher in secondary name Laure, Ive gone to breakfast with her twice now. I'm next :) and then Hannah, who teaches biology in the secondary and who is also my co-ops best friend, they look cute together too. Last but not least is Laura. She was the one who invited me and called me to see where I was the night of..I was like 5 minutes late because of the taxi and traffic. This plaza is near the Mezquito and like 45 minutes walking from my place. Laura lives in the Corredera. She likes it. Laura is also the first teacher I know that doesn't speak spanish, Laure understands but doesn't speak much also. Hannah lived in Costa Rica for several years, I'm sure her spanish is better than mine- vocabulary especially. 

No comments:

Post a Comment