Friday, May 10, 2013

Exemplary Student Teacher

Today was my last day of being observed by the HEAD MASTER aka Principal.

My number 1 goal coming to Spain was to do so well during my last placement because the first one didn't go as I planned and I wanted this second one to be the opposite and out of this world!

My wish and hope that went along with my goal was to be offered a teaching position. Well guess what!!!!!!!!!

I was offered a position if he had an openings for Americans. Its okay. At least he told me, to my face at our 1 on 1 meeting that he gave me the marks he did because he would offer me a job if his school allowed Americans to work there. Because of different international british policies in Spain, he doesn't take Americans but if he could, theres my job offer.

Thats all I wanted to hear at the end of my placement and I got to hear it. I was so happy, truly happy but in the back of my head I silently said "check." Because I could now cross it off my list.

Today was such a great day even though part of the technology in the classroom wasn't working when I needed it to. The computer screen would not turn on. The whiteboard did and I just kept turning my back to look at the white board to get the internet working and such. It was a bit hilarious but good. The  kids were angels- more so because the Head Master was there. :) I loved my year 10 boys. One of the boys called Ant. told me last class that Car. had a gf. So today I said, "hows your gf?" He began blushing. Now he must be embarrassed. :)


I got surprised yesterday when my co-op told me that most of our kids  (speaking as if me and my co-op had kids) lol, well he said most have maids who pick them up from school. WOW! SHOCKING!

These kids are good though. They are angels compared to the city kids I finished teaching during my last placement. (I'm still traumatized a bit).

Amazing day-hot day...but a blessing over all.
So I thank GOd for all he has done and continues to do. I really don't deserve any of this. I really don't but I am so glad and praise him for all his blessings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment