There was a group singing and playing instruments in the streets. We asked them if it would be okay to take a picture of them.
Me and Monita were heading up to our hostel room and coming out of the elevator were two boys with a glass of a little bit of sangria. I then asked them where they were from. That's how it ALL started. :)!
The shorter guy with the blue and green jacket is called Theo and he is french but speaks spanish and English. Theo cannot understand me! So I constantly have to repeat myself, something I hate doing. lol JUST KIDDING. Then the handsome guy next to me is called Sean. He is English but was raised in Spain in a small village. He moved here after his parents got divorced. When he told us his story I felt kind of bad because he said it without looking up, as if it was bringing sad memories back.
Well it turns out the guys invited us for a glass of sangria which was very funny because they were running out so really they only gave us like 5 percent of sangria on a glass. We gave them some of our lemon juice that we had. We finished our lemon juice bottle with them and we talked with them in the hostel kitchen, then the kitchen closed at midnight so we moved downstairs to the living room and then sat on the couch. Poor Monita was so tired, and Theo was knackered. We laughed, said "new topic" several times when we ran out of things to say and just talked until nearly 2am! Sean was so sweet. He kept looking at me eye to eye which is something most people don't do now a days. He even walked us to our room which was only 3 doors down from his. He just arrived several days ago to begin working at a hostel. Theo is doing his internship here and has been here several months. It was a good night. Mona then went to brush her teeth in the shared bathroom of the hostel because its the only one we have and she ran into both of the guys who were also brushing their teeth and she said it was awkward. HA. She makes me laugh. It was one of my favorite nights so far! And its only been the FIRST ONE! :) The next day was Sunday and we ran into Theo a lot.
Sean is 21 and Theo is 22. Mona is 24 and well I am 22. Theo seemed like someone that I know I would like to be friends with for a long time. He seemed so humble and kind. He has his british accent which I told him sounded australian and he laughed. He is a gentleman and always made the conversation interesting. I feel bad that his parents got divorced and both his parents got remarried and had children with their new mates.
This is Jaime, our tour guide. Sean said we should really go on a walking tour which was free and so we did. Mona and I both enjoyed it very well! He kept cursing and talking about drinking but really drinking is huge in Spain. Overall I am SOOO glad I went on this walking tour because I learned so much about the history of Spain and of Valencia as well.
THis statue doesn't have a plaque and its nameless. No one knows who this is supposed to be and where he is supposed to be pointing. Some say to the Americas, some say towards Scotland.
This frame is outside the arch bishops house. The arch bishops house is HUGE.
The arch bishops house.
There was a guy playing the violin beautifully. I love hearing music being played in the streets.
Many buildings were once controlled by the Moors and then by christians so they have been torn down over and over again. Today a modern building has its basement as its first structure ever, its a roman structure.
The Virgin Mary above is the only one in the world that can turn a 360 degree angel. They rich family (royal) I believe would turn Mary facing outdoors when they were outside and inwards when they were home. It let the people know.
No comments:
Post a Comment