TODAY I DROVE A MOTORCYCLE FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER!! ANd it was pretty easy! I was so excited that I couldn't stop smiling all the way home. My friend Rafa invited me for a beverage. I had just finished eating pasta at my house. I said no several times and wanted to ditch him because I had loads of papers to mark for school by tomorrow 9am! I'll just have to wake up early and do them. Were going to ride the motorcycle again on Thursday and I am so EXCITED! Who would have know I would have been amazing (in my book) at riding a motorcycle? (He is probably and idiot for letting me drive his 1 week motorcycle. He is a good friend. I told my closest friends who happen to be online that I was going to hang out with him, just incase I don't return! I also made him meet my spanish mother Loli, who I found hilarious because they both seemed nervous but serious when meeting each other. I wish I could have recorded it!
He first took me somewhere close- a lot of late night open snackbars with cold drinks served. We finally came to a place sat down and just talked about our families. I asked about his mother, his serious dad and his siblings. His brother is 25 and sister is also young (probably my age). Rafa is 28. He hasn't found the girl yet. He works two jobs. He also lives with his parents (which I found pretty funny). We showed each other photos that we carry on our phones and spoke about those memories.
Then we noticed it was almost 11pm and the bar we went to was closing. We both had one drink- tinta verano- MY FAVORITE. Its just half wine with half lemon juice and served with a lemon. For both drinks it was just 4 euros. We then walked to the motorcycle and I asked if he could let me drive it (I don't know what made me sound so confident-probably the excitement of being on a motorcycle). He's said he will take me to a place with less traffic and he did. I was happy he didn't kidnap me or what not (seriously I prayed the whole way there and back to be safe! But he seemed like a good fellow. Then I got in the front seat, he left distance between both of us which was nice. And of course the minute he gets on- we both fall over. I didn't realize I had to keep both my legs on the ground, I thought I could put them up on the petal (silly me!) I laughed. Then he helped me get up and told me how to get started. He was a good teacher. He was impressed of my driving skills (ME TOO). :) He drove me home, he found a lap post near my house and we took a photo. It was nice. THen I said by and thank you and went inside. It was a sweet night.


No comments:
Post a Comment